Category Archives: SA Stella
I finally finished with the covering and have started final assembly. Covering the wheel pants where a a real challenge, but I ended up with a reasonably good result. This gave me confidence to try something “fancy” though (and of … Continue reading
I did get the wing covered this weekend, but then discovered that the horizontal and vertical stabs (which were glued in to the fuse some time back!) were out of square. I am kicking myself for not checking it when … Continue reading
I only got a few hours of build time in this weekend, but I did get the covering on the fuselage completed. I will probably add a bit of red pin striping as a final touch during final assembly.
I made some more progress on covering Stella. I have sides of the fuselage covered and shrunk down. I did end up burning a hole the covering through while shrinking it down under the tail with the heat gun. It … Continue reading
I finally ran out of excuses and started covering Stella today. She will be predominately white, with dark blue underneath, in front of the cockpit, and on the rudder/elevator. I’ll probably end up using a bit of red and blue … Continue reading
Well good news – bad news on Stella. Good news, I got all of the little things done I needed to to to get ready for covering. I even got a coat the coat of white primer on. The … Continue reading