Category Archives: Building Projects
With Stella almost done, it’s time to start in on my next project. I snagged this Sig Somethin’ Extra (SSE) of the classified on one of the RC forum sites a short time back. I have been looking for one … Continue reading
I finally finished with the covering and have started final assembly. Covering the wheel pants where a a real challenge, but I ended up with a reasonably good result. This gave me confidence to try something “fancy” though (and of … Continue reading
I did get the wing covered this weekend, but then discovered that the horizontal and vertical stabs (which were glued in to the fuse some time back!) were out of square. I am kicking myself for not checking it when … Continue reading
I only got a few hours of build time in this weekend, but I did get the covering on the fuselage completed. I will probably add a bit of red pin striping as a final touch during final assembly.
I made some more progress on covering Stella. I have sides of the fuselage covered and shrunk down. I did end up burning a hole the covering through while shrinking it down under the tail with the heat gun. It … Continue reading
I finally ran out of excuses and started covering Stella today. She will be predominately white, with dark blue underneath, in front of the cockpit, and on the rudder/elevator. I’ll probably end up using a bit of red and blue … Continue reading