Stella Covering Continues

I made some more progress on covering Stella. I have sides of the fuselage covered and shrunk down. I did end up burning a hole the covering through while shrinking it down under the tail with the heat gun. It happened at the same time, and happened remarkably fast! The white Solite is almost transparent, so I trimmed to the covering back to the nearest structure and applied a patch. With the seem over a structure, the patch is almost invisible.

I also got the turtle deck covered. This had me a bit concerned, but came it came out pretty good. I was running a bit scarred of burning a hole again, but I just worked it slow. Finally, I started laying down the blue in front of the cockpit. The first piece came out great, but I had a bit of trouble with compound tapers in the front section, so I ripped it off and decided to call it quits for the night.

2013-06-19T21-10-19_0

Advertisements
This entry was posted in Building Projects, SA Stella. Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s